MID YEAR ASSESSMENTS
Dear Students and Families,
And just like that, at the end of this month Semester 2 is over.
This is the time to really focus on mid-term assessments before a well deserved break.
We look forward to seeing your mid-year reports, and working on a plan to really shine in semester 2.
SCHOOL REPORT TIME
School reports are such an important tool to assess how your child is tracking at school, some Study Space tips on how to make the most of the report that teachers spend hours completing each semester.
- Put 15 minutes aside to go through the report by yourself
- Notice what each ranking system means, whether it is a scaled system or from specific exam results. Some marks will be in comparison to the rest of the class’s performance and others will be based on your child’s independent merit
- Go through the content and write any notes as you go
- Read the report with your child asking them where they felt they were excelling at, and any areas they wish they could understand a bit better
- Contact your child’s teacher if you have any specific questions about your child’s progress
Bring your report to Study Space so that we can go through it together and see where we can help your child extend their learning and succeed.
HOW TO STUDY IN THE HOLIDAYS
This month we wanted to give you some tips on how to incorporate some learning into your weekends and holidays, without having to sit at a desk.
LEARNING DURING SPORT
– count how many laps you have run or swam
– forecast how long it takes you to reach your goal and then measure it in metres, miles, centimetres and in time
– understand gravity and how force can hit, throw and push
– monitor your heart rate and breathing rate and explore how the human body works
– find different shapes with balls, sporting fields and different sporting equipment
LEARNING FROM THE OUTDOORS
– take a walk in nature and take photos of new things you see from animals to plants
– look at the moon and watch how it changes each day
– watch the tides and its cycles
– see what you can find in the shallow parts of the beach or go snorkelling to find fish
– check the weather and temperature, and decide what clothes are best for the day
LEARNING WITH REGULAR ROUTINES
– follow a recipe
– understand traffic rules and speed limits
– explore your house and how it was built
– think about how water and electricity work in your home
– do the shopping, count up the costs and read the ingredients
Has your child changed their subjects this year? We are here to support you on your learning journey with expert tutors across these subjects:
- Early learning
- Kindy Prep
- English as a second language
- Literacy for K-2, 3-6: Including reading comprehension, writing and spelling and grammar booster classes.
- Numeracy K-2, 3-6
- Assignment assistance
- Public speaking
- Exam preparation
- Inquiry learning
- Organisation and study notes
- High School English and Maths 7-10
- Year 11 and HSC English all levels
- Year 11 and HSC Maths all levels
- Modern history
- Languages by request